We knew we didn’t want to be bound to selling products to our clients. We wanted freedom to offer objective advice to our clients without an agenda to sell them products. Therefore SH&J was founded and still is a fee-only or non-commissioned firm.
Fee-only means our clients pay us a flat fee for our advice, not for products. We do not work on commission and are only paid by our clients. One of our founders, Larry Howes, says, “All of our efforts are designed to get you a better result.”
Melissa does a great job of giving you a quick rundown on our fees.
Here’s a quick overview of the information Melissa shared:
- One-time fee depending on case complexity
- Planning fees range from $500-4,500.00
- No additional charge for planning updates
- 1% of assets under our management up to the first million
- Reduced rate on managed assets above $1,000,000.00
- Fees billed at 0.25% at the end of each quarter in arrears
Other small charges may include a fee for portfolio design, strategic implementation and asset transfers.
We’d love to meet you to share our firm’s philosophy with you in person. Give us a call at 303.639.5100 to set up a time to come in.